Denton Drive Live! has been announced as the electrifying new concert series in Farmers Branch. These live performances are going to get you grooving and moving every second Saturday from April through September in The Grove at Mustang Station. Parking and admission are both free for all who want to enjoy a festive evening outdoors under the shady trees.
The monthly gigs draw on the most popular elements of the Farmers Branch Market that include activities for kids, live entertainment, food concessions and beer/wine for for purchase. The Farmers Market concept is scaled to a select few vendor booths for those who like to stroll and shop local goods. The doors open at 5:00 p.m. and wraps up at 9:00 p.m. Seating and tables make it convenient to sit and relax but you are also encouraged to bring your own lawn chairs or a blanket to spread out in the clearing.
Mark your calendars for all the upcoming concert dates: April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8, and September 12, 2020. Follow @DentonDriveLive on Instagram and Facebook to see video clips from the bands and concert photos throughout the series. Visit www.dentondrivelive.com for the full schedule and additional details.
The six month series kicks off on Saturday, April 11, 2020 with Remembering Prince Tribute Band led by Prince Oz on stage at 5:00 p.m. The greatest disco band in the world is super funky Le Freak, and their far-out set starts at 7:15 p.m. Plan to get up and dance at Denton Drive Live! because we’ve got a fab floor ready for those who need to shake, shake, shake and move to the music.
Nuevo Leon Mex Mex Restaurant knows how to grill while you chill and they’ll have the meat sizzling for tacos, plus a menu of traditional Mexican cuisine. Cold beverages are also available for purchase including sodas, bottled water, beer, and wine. Wait, there’s more! Cousins Maine Lobster is one of the most sought after food trucks in North Texas and they are rolling onto the lot with the juiciest lobster rolls you can imagine!
The kids are going to discover fun, outdoor activities that include a disco dome bouncer, face painting, balloon artist, a playhouse, mulch pit with shovels and wheelbarrows, tether ball, and ladder golf. Participation is free for those who can’t sit still and need to run around before the sun goes down.
Coolers are welcome, but no outside alcohol is allowed onto the premises. Beer and wine is available for purchase. Want to bring your four-legged friend? Dogs are welcome to attend but they must stay on a leash and owners are required to pick up after their pet.
Denton Drive Live! parking is free at locations adjacent to The Grove and there are two options: Children’s Health StarCenter at 12700 N. Stemmons Frwy or the Farmers Branch DART Station at 12800 Denton Drive.
Things To Know Before You Go:
- No ATM available on site, but all vendors take credit cards.
- Standard lawn/camp chairs are welcome and encouraged, along with blankets for ground seating.
- Please help us keep The Grove beautiful and use the available trash receptacles.
- Did you know there’s a dance floor in front of the stage? Bring your dancin’ shoes!
- The Grove is a park, so the ground may be uneven – watch your step!
- Posting on social media? Tag us! #dentondrivelive
- Please note that restrooms are available, but they are of the portable variety.
- Absolutely no outside alcohol is permitted.
- Smoking or vaping is only allowed in designated areas.
- Prohibited items: Illegal drugs, hazardous material, contraband, canopies or pop-up tents, skateboards, roller blades, in-line skates, bicycles, or other motorized wheeled items not medically necessary, uUnauthorized sales, solicitations, and distributions.