A cup of cocoa is a warm winter treat to hold and sip; but it can also warm your heart. This holiday season you can sweeten the efforts of many local non-profits by purchasing items from the concessions located next to the outdoor skating rink. Look for the Nuevo Leon Mex-Mex Restaurant booths to see a menu of food and beverages. Or, take the kids to visit Santa’s House across the street for a magical photo experience with the man in the big red suit.
Every visit to the concession stand generates a contribution to organizations such as Boy Scout troops, church ministries, school booster clubs, PTA groups, art associations, and other charitable entities within the City of Farmers Branch. The fundraiser is set to begin December 1, 2018 and continue until January 6, 2019.
This is a detailed list of the organizations and the date that they will be on-site assisting with concessions. All tips received and 25% of the concession sales on that day go directly to their philanthropic goals.
NON-PROFITS WORKING ICE RINK & SANTA’S HOUSE
- December 1 – City of Farmers Parks and Recreation Board at Santa’s House- Donate a new, unopened toy to the Metrocrest Services Toy Drive, or a $5 donation.
- December 1 – R.L. Turner Orchestra
- December 2 – Dallas Christian College
- December 3 – Farmers Branch Carrollton Art Association
- December 4 – Dallas Christian College
- December 5 – Bea’s Kids
- December 6 – Janie Stark Elementary School PTA
- December 7 – Christian Center Church Girls Ministry
- December 8 – Farmers Branch Rotary Club at Santa House; Boy Scouts of America Troop 734 at Ice Rink
- December 9 – St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
- December 10 – Cub Scout Pack 837
- December 11 – Cub Scout Pack 837
- December 12 – TOPS- Take Off Pounds Sensibly
- December 13 – Boy Scouts of America Troop 713
- December 14 – Vivian Field Middle School PTA
- December 15 – Chapel Hill United Methodist Church at Santa House; Methodist Men and Sojourner’s Class – Christ United Methodist Church at Ice Rink
- December 16 – R.L. Turner Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- December 17 – Farmers Branch Woman’s Club
- December 18 – Farmers Branch Police Explorers
- December 19 – R.L. Turner Band Booster Association
- December 20 – Knights of Columbus Council #5052
- December 21 – R.L. Turner Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- December 22 – R.L. Turner Lionettes
- December 23 – R.L. Turner Lionettes
- December 26 – Boy Scout Troop 874
- December 27 – Knights of Columbus Council #5052
- December 28 – Masonic Lodge 395
- December 29 – Farmers Branch Eastern Star
- December 30 – Brookhaven Garden Club
- January 2 – Court Our Lady #2337 Catholic Daughters of the Americas
- January 3 – The Firehouse Theatre
- January 4 – DSG Memorial Scholarship Board
- January 5 – Farmers Branch Carrollton Art Association
- January 6 – Bea’s Kids
FREE ICE PASS FOR FARMERS BRANCH RESIDENTS
Farmers Branch residents are eligible to take advantage of a Free Ice Pass for Skating Under The Stars at the all-new outdoor rink during Christmas In The Branch. The Ice Pass grants each resident free one-day admission to the outdoor rink. There is a limited number of passes and available only while supplies last.
Skate rental is not included and the fee is $4 or guests may bring their own skates. Ice Passes are limited to four per household. Farmers Branch residents must present a current photo ID or utility bill that shows a Farmers Branch address. The Free Ice Pass is valid for any time the outdoor ice rink is open; please present the pass to the attendant.
DECEMBER 1 – JANUARY 6
Farmers Branch StarCenter located at 12700 N Stemmons Freeway in Farmers Branch. Skate under the stars at the outdoor ice skating rink.
|4 – 10 pm|
DECEMBER 2 – DECEMBER 20
|Monday – Friday||5 – 10 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Noon – 10 pm|
DECEMBER 21 – JANUARY 6
|7 days a week||Noon – 10 pm|
|Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Year’s Day|
|Youth (ages 0 -17)||$8|
|Adults (ages 18+)||$9|
|Skate Rental||$4 or bring your own skates|
|No time limit per visit.|
Follow Christmas In The Branch on Facebook & use the official hashtag #ChristmasInTheBranch when sharing photos and videos on social media.